Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Finally a Pet

Like so many other kids our kids have been BEGGING for a pet. I have been able to keep it at bay by saying "not until everyone in the house is potty trained." Well that came to an end the other day. When Brent was mowing the lawn the other day he came upon a den of little gray babies. I was a little worried. I spent a long time on the internet trying to figure out what kind of animals they were. Luckily, I determined that they were rabbits. I would have hated it if they had been mice, cause that would have been a delicate situation. Needless to say the kids have had so much fun watching them grow. McKenely named one Rosebud and Kaitlyn named one Rascal. They were pretty sad when they woke one morning and realized that they were gone. Fortunately we have more than enough wild rabbits around here to keep them occupied.