Monday, August 3, 2009

Poor baby :(



Our poor baby. Kaitlyn has started the process of braces - Yes, you heard me right. Our 8 year old is getting braces. We have have known for a while now that she would need work done, but why so soon?. I think the first signs were when her teeth started to grow in rows(like a shark). We soon found out that her mouth just wasn't big enough (that is debatable) for her teeth to come in strait. So we have begun the never ending journey. It started with her two bottom canines being pulled. So last Friday she had 1 cavity filled and 1 tooth pulled. And today she had 2 cavities filled and 1 tooth pulled. Poor girl. She can't eat anything except ice cream and yogurt (sympathy can end now). OH, don't think the story is over with. Tomorrow she gets spacers put in and fitted for an expander. It's going to be awesome!!!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Poor girl! I feel her pain. I got my first retainer in 2nd grade.

Sparkle Mama said...

Poor thing... I know how she feels. I did all that jazz in my 20's and it was not fun, but worth it. Oh yeah- I looked hot in head gear! hee hee