Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What did I do today?

So I had a lot if things planned for today, but it came to a complete halt when the school called. This is how the conversation went:

"Mrs Scott?"

"yes"

"This is Pamela from Murchison. Ryan has fallen on the playground and has a cut on the back of his head. He is ok, but the nurse would like for you to come in.

"Is the "ok" code for, 'he is going to need stitches?"

"Yes, he is sitting next to me in the nurses office."

"Ok, I am not home and it will take me about 20 minutes to get there, but I will be as fast as I can."

When I got to the school Ryan was wearing a dance team t-shirt, cause his shirt was soaked in blood and he was white as a ghost. Luckily Kylie had a lunch in the car (cause she was supposed to go to playgroup) that we rummaged through for something to keep him from passing out, and off the the Urgent Care we went. Through it all Ryan was a very brave kid. They had to give him 2 staples, and they didn't even numb it first. I think he deserves ice cream.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Ouch! Poor guy! I hope he gets feeling better quick!

Unknown said...

How RUDE - they didn't even NUMB it yet? YOUCH! Poor guy - I think he totally deserves ice cream!

Ken Jackson said...

He deserves more than ice cream. I'm thinking a gorgonzola sauce & steak night and I'd be happy to help him out...just tell us when?

Mona said...

MAybe we Do need to move back to Austin, sounds like you guys need a doctor for your family! :0
Hope he heals quickly!

Sparkle Mama said...

Oh boy! What excitement...poor guy. Glad he is okay though- ya know no limbs lost or anything :) ha ha